After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Neuroscience in 2016, and working in my field for a few years, I set my sights on law school. I was offered admission to 10 schools across the country, and $1 Million in scholarships from coast to coast. I decided to pursue her Juris Doctorate at the University of Cincinnati College of Law.
Currently, I'm in my third year. I am the President of the Student Bar Association and a Fellow of the Nathaniel R. Jones Center for Race, Gender, and Social Justice. My current legal interests include trademarks, copyright, sports, entertainment, and blockchain technology.
I have accepted an offer at an AM200 firm as an Associate in the Intellectual Property practice group, pending my July 2023 bar exam results.
Undergraduate Organizational Leadership, Research, and Experience:
Noir Magazine, Founder & Editor-in-Chief
August 2014 - August 2017
- Managed and edited submissions, designed over 100 pages of layout per month, and created marketing campaigns for each issue.
- Supervised a staff of five students
The Irate 8, Co-founder & Spearhead
August 2015 - August 2018
- Co-founded and led a student activist movement that yielded significant changes at every level of the University of Cincinnati
United Black Student Association
Co-President, April 2015 - April 2016
Information Director, April 2014 - April 2015; Marketing Director, April 2013 - April 2014
- Designed and executed social, educational, and political programming
- Managed an executive board of 12 students
Phelps Duncan, Campaign Manager
December 2015 - April 2016
- Designed and executed a campaign strategy that elected Mitchell Phelps, UC’s first Black student body in over a decade, and Brooke Duncan.
Omicron Delta Kappa, President
April 2015 - April 2016
- Executed staple programs, conducted meetings and community building activities, and facilitated membership intake
- Planned and hosted Camp Bearcats, a 3-day camp for incoming freshmen
Children's Cognitive Research Lab, Research Assistant
July 2013 - October 2014
ADHD Study, December 2013 - October 2014
STEM Education and Interest in Middle School
Girls of Low Socioeconomic Status
August 2013 – December 2013
- Recruited participants, collected data, conducted focus groups, tested participants, and assisted Principal Investigator with disseminating findings
China | May 2015
Coursework: Public Health
United Arab Emirates | March 2014,
Coursework: Art, Design & Architecture
South Africa & Botswana | May 2013
Coursework: Epidemiology, Infectious
Diseases, and Public Health